lil-bee: the randomizer


STOP THE TIME!
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 | 3:52 am | Comment ⇢
Really,

That would be SUCH a kick ass ability to have. Plus Hiro Nakamura is totes YATTAH :)

Kudos if you got any of that :P

Anyway gosh, I haven't posted in a .. day?! But I've got sooo much to tell. Well kinda. Not really. Just some ideas going in my head, some stuff I wanted to talk about.

Soon soon, I should sleep now :)

BUT, before I go. I've been thinking about this for a while, and I just read in a sister's blog about sins. Islamically we should not reveal our sins to others. I think this makes total sense. Forgetting the bragging, etc .. the reason why I think it makes sense is that, it desensitizes you.

Speaking about your sins to others, kind of eradicates the severity of it, and makes it seem more acceptable. For example:

Person A: "So are you religious?"
Person B: "What do you mean?" (more on this on another post another day InshAllah)
P.A: "As in do you pray, etc."
P.B: *with some regret / shame* "Well you know, I try to. But unfortunately I don't pray 5 times a day. I think I'm religious, I believe in everything, but I just don't practice all the time."
P.A: *consoling* "Oh don't worry man. As long as you have the belief and aren't doing anything majorly haram. I also don't pray 5 times a day, I try to but what can you do? Life gets in the way y'know?"

Well .. I've been in that situation before. I'm sure the brother / sister means well, trying to console you. And hey, I'm not going to say just believing and not doing haram things are enough. What is a good Muslim anyway? Like I can never ever make that judgement.

But even though his / her heart is in the right place, by P.A revealing his sins of not praying 5 times a day, and by P.B trying to make P.A feel better and revealing his sins, they kind of lessened the seriousness of the matter you know?

Like sometimes I think about my Muslim friends who do stuff like drink, and I do that haram thing of judging them and thinking hey I might not wear hijab but at least I don't drink. But thats not the point. I'm still doing a sin, and its still bad. I might perceive drinking as being worse than not wearing a hijab, but only Allah can judge us and our goodness. You get into the mindset that its not as bad as someone else's sins, or that others are repeating your sins so its not too bad.

But this isn't some examination where standards are set by the average pupil. Out of 100 'bad' Muslims, Allah won't see that you are at least not as bad as them. We will be judged individually, not according to what other Muslims are or aren't doing.

So yeah. Not revealing your sins, kinda makes sense to me.

Anyway gotta run .. the sun is up, and if I don't sleep before it gets higher, I won't be able to sleep at all!

Happy 4th of July.

YAY. This is the day us Brits got freedom from trying to civilize those darn Americans. Woohoo :P




Post a Comment


old | new