lil-bee: the randomizer


HALAL
Sunday, July 03, 2011 | 1:42 am | Comment ⇢
So you Londoners out there .. or anyone who has been to Edgware Road might have seen, or been in one of these restaurants called HALAL.

Yup. That is the actual name of the restaurant. Halal.

So I got dared by my friend to go in and ask them if their meat is halal, and I sometimes have an American twinge in my accent .. and so I pop my head in, look at the doner man and with a serious face donned on, I ask him:

'Excuse me, is your meat halal?'

The man looks bewildered, as if I have asked him if they sell Gucci handbags. He looks at his accomplice, doner assistant man. They look at each other, and look at me in alarm.

"Shuwhat?"

'Your meat. Is it halal? Do you have halal meat here? Is this restaurant halal?'

They do the bewildered look again. This time with Arab anger. And they replied:

"No have" .. reinforced with shaking heads.

'Ok okay' .. disappointed look.

And than doner assistant man pipes up:

"Yes Halal".

Damn .. I must be scary? o.O I did have crazy bird nest hair .. or maybe it was my two skinny friends laughing hysterically outside the glass window shop front during the whole 3 minutes this incident took over :O

Anyway, if you happen to be in Edgware Road, grab a bite at Beirut Express who are still part of the Maroush Monopoly going on at E.Road (3.5 out of 5 restaurants are owned by them) but relatively cheaper, and have awesome wraps :D




Post a Comment


old | new