lil-bee: the randomizer


How to revert people to Islam, guaranteed!
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 | 10:28 pm | Comment ⇢
A few lectures I've heard shared the secret to getting more reverts under your belt and I'm going to share it with you ... can you handle it?

The BEST dawah to ensure maximum conversion rates .. ready?










Be the best Muslim you can be.

Its really that simple. MashAllah our Prophet SAW was not only a perfect Muslim, he was a perfect human being .. and you know what, being the best Muslim WILL make you the very best of humanity as you can be. Following Allah's commands and adhering to Islam is what makes us nice humans.

For example, we are told to be kind to Allah's creations (Muslims and non-Muslims alike ... remember the importance of being nice to neighbours!) .. the Prophet, despite being insulted and attacked, was always nice to the people who were against him. When you are naturally nice to people, they will be attracted to what makes you like that .. and its Islam that urges us to be like that. Your neighbours will think wow, those people are really nice and helpful. You might be the first real point of contact of Muslims that they might have after watching Muslims on the telly ... THINK ABOUT IT!

One of our commands ... more important than anything else, and one of the five pillars upholding Islam? CHARITY. How amazing is that? Not enough people know about this .. in fact few of my friends were shocked because unfortunately all they hear from Muslims themselves is hijab this and beard that, kafir this and kafir that. ZAKAT people .. of course we have many things which are fard (obligatory) but these are the top five man! Imagine all the Muslims in the world .. mashAllah, there are many of us. Now imagine some of the very rich Muslims oiled up with money (heheh .. you KNOW how I mean yo). Our religion makes it obligatory for us to pay Zakat if we own more than a certain amount of wealth. And if its obligatory, we owe a percentage of our wealth to those who are needy. Can you imagine what a difference that would make to the world, if all the Muslims did this?

Lowering our gaze and respecting the opposite gender as a human being instead of a piece of meat. Do you know how liberating that is? Its an amazing feeling, when I go past and people lower their heads as a form of respect because I'm wearing the hijab. It makes me feel safe and allows me to speak my mind without worrying about people looking at me and eyeing me up. Now do that for EVERYONE. Not just Muslims. Its a two way street .. we lower our gaze to protect ourselves AND others. Don't think I'm lowering my gaze because I am pious and she/he is a slut. Lower your gaze thinking that she/he is a human being, not to be reduced to nothing but the sexuality with which animals interact with other animals. People pick up on that holier than thou attitude you know ..

I mean I could go on and on about how the many rules of Islam make us who we are .. but you get the gist, I hope. When I heard the lecture, I realised just how true it is. Actions speak louder then words. When someone is nice, kind, generous ... POSITIVE, that attracts people. Humans are good at their basic level, of course we get corrupt in the course of our lives but stripped back to basics, good attracts good. They will want / try to be more like you .. and when Islam is what makes you good (which is the case for me personally anyway Alhamdullilah .. it really has helped me refine my character .. of course I'm not there yet, but one day inshAllah) .. they'll want in on it too :)

So want to up your experience points and get more reverts? Be the best Muslim .. and therefore the best human being you can be. And when people ask you why you are so nice ... you can tell them about the teachings of the Quran and the Prophet SAW .. just to share the goodness and with no ulterior motives .. and it will translate inshAllah :) 




On Friday, December 07, 2012, Blogger Nas wrote:

⇢ Be the best you can be. Beautiful!

And you're totally right, we can turn blue in the face (like smurfs) trying to tell people what Islam is through lectures, and talk, but if there is any disparity between our actions and words, practices and preachings, they will laugh at us. And you can see it around you today.

Thank you for the excellent reminder. I was going to share this on Twitter, but I remember you asked me not to, so stopped.

Have a lovely weekend Bee.
:)


On Saturday, December 08, 2012, Blogger lil-bee wrote:

⇢ LOL I did almost get into trouble that time .. trying to be anonymous is hard man! You can share my posts if you want :P just don't tweet my username with it least people connect the dots :)

But yes, a reason why I've come closer to my deen Alhamdullilah is because I was exposed to classmates with the loveliest hearts and amazing fun personalities! They never once said to me to do this, or not to do that. They were being who they were being and made me want to be more like them, without me even knowing consciously that that was the case! May Allah bless them inshAllah :D

Plus now that I'm more conscious about Allah and my deen more times then during lectures / prayers or something, I'm like changing how I act and people are noticing, asking and going wow, I didn't know xyz about Islam!

The only way we can change people's perceptions of how Muslims really are is not by telling them but by SHOWING them how we really are!

Have a brilliant weekend and week and month inshAllah Nassy Nas :) x


On Saturday, December 08, 2012, Blogger lil-bee wrote:

⇢ PS - more then your average six-liner :D


On Friday, December 21, 2012, Blogger The Linoleum Surfer wrote:

⇢ Ameeeeen sista!


Post a Comment


old | new