lil-bee: the randomizer


Hide Blogger Icon in Comments on Classic Template
Monday, August 13, 2012 | 9:17 am | Comment ⇢
Hey guys,

You know how when you post a comment on a Blogger blog, depending on how you authorised your ID (as your Blogger account, Open ID, Anonymous, etc) & the blog's HTML / Template, most of the time your Blogger profile pic (or other default picture such as the one for Anonymous users) appears next to your Commenter name / ID. Now knowing me as you should by now, I'm all about customising HTML to make everything fit in with my custom CSS. One of the things I was working on was disabling this icon so my post page only showed Comment Author and Comment / text only. I looked around a lot but didn't really find anywhere that let you do this easily for the Classic Template / custom HTML. Some code exists but this only works on the new Blogger, Classic Template doesn't accept any of the widget codes (as far as I know) but finally I found this site here that gave hope! However, I tried all these codes but they didn't work :( but then I realised I had to tweak them up a bit and got one to work! Thought I'd share as the original comments didn't really explain this 100% straight forward and wasn't a easy C&P so anyhow, hope this works for you!

1. Add this code to your CSS style section. I've added it right BEFORE the </style> code.





2. Add this code BEFORE your <$BlogCommentAuthor$> code or <$BlogCommentDateTime$> code, depending on your template.





3. Remember to close the code in 2. by adding </div> AFTER your <$BlogCommentAuthor$> code or <$BlogCommentDateTime$> code.

Basically it should be <CODE 2.><$BlogCommentAuthor$>OR<$BlogCommentDateTime$></DIV>

If you are tweaking your comments / using Classic Template / Blogskins, etc .. you should be comfortable with basic HTML and know to close the code tags anyway ;) but for n00b sake, here's an exact C&P from my template.









On Wednesday, March 27, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

⇢ I was looking this and thankfully you have shared this. I really don't like the icon things...


On Monday, April 01, 2013, Blogger lil-bee wrote:

⇢ No problem, glad it helped :)

PS - love your blog's template :) x


Post a Comment


old | new