lil-bee: the randomizer


Bangladesh
Monday, April 08, 2013 | 6:57 pm | Comment ⇢

Yes, I am aware of the situation. I've been aware of the situation my whole life since the separatism, communal and familial politics highlighted in the media nowadays has been part and parcel of Bangladesh's landscape even before independence.

I have (and probably will continue to do so) refrained from talking about it since the issues are numerous, close to my heart, and have got me very very frustrated / angry / etc. All I will say about this is that I am a Muslim AND a Bengali (none of this Bengali first / Muslim or whatever .. maybe it shouldn't be that way, but it is. I don't feel like I have to pick one over the other, or that they compete with each other in MY understanding of this identity, one of many I feel is experienced by whatever-generation migrants / people of religion / etc). And that I am not in support of ANY of the extreme left/right/bullshit political groups trying to push their own agendas in the name of liberalism, secularism, religion, etc.

Will it change? I really don't know. Since it hasn't for the last however-many-years-since-independence. And despite being a huge support of the East-Asian Developmental Model, and heck, even Khan's positive theories about corruption, I really can't see the state (regardless of the party) as anything more than a nuisance in Bangladesh. Ideally I'd like a state of foreign authoritarian military (preferably from South Korea, but I think they've got their hands full with the North situation atm ..) AS WELL AS intervention and control by IFIs such as the World Bank. It would definitely be the lesser evil.

Oh and I also want all the political parties to just die. Either literally or figuratively by detaining them all in Guetamala or something.

See, this is EXACTLY why I didn't wanna say anything about this situation. And now that I've said this much, I'll refrain from further mention.




Post a Comment


old | new