lil-bee: the randomizer


Attention Muslim Android (phone & tablet) / iPhone / iPad Users!
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 | 2:48 am | Comment ⇢
Okay, so I don't really endorse stuff on my blog, unless I really believe in it.

I've tried a few Prayer Time apps for my Android. And most of em had some real messed up Salaat times .. most noticeably for Esha and Fajr. This was getting frustrating, real quick.

And than I came across this app, and I've never been happier :D

Muslim Pro is a prayer time app that works. Don't let the Pro in its title fool you .. its a pro app, but only in quality, not price. This app is FREE! :)

Its amazing. I've finally got an app which shows the correct prayer time. Its also got other awesome features built in .. seriously, do check it out! You won't regret it :)

I've compared my prayer times with those of East London Mosque's .. and though sometimes there is a minute's difference here or there, its accurate. I follow the Hanafi madhab and for the settings, I selected UOIF for my convention. Other apps have a limited number of sources, but this has a huge variation so its great :D You can also manually adjust the different prayer times individually by sorting out the timings!

Other features include Adhaan during prayer time (either ringtone or buzz notification), different styles of Adhaan; locations are selected based on GPS, or you can manually set a location and it will show you the Qibla direction; its got a built in Quran with translations available in a few languages; Islamic holiday approximations and even a places option to look for halal restaurants near by or mosques (I personally don't have the places option, maybe its iPhone only at this point?). Anyway, its AMAZING :D

You can check out the website for Muslim Pro, and give it a try by installing it via Android Market, or Apple's App Market :)

Let me know what you think, and pass it on if you like it! :)




Post a Comment


old | new